"There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the heavens."

BFC Facebook Page

JULY 1, 2020 - 20th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION AT ALL-CON DALLAS 2020

Some time ago, I read that the Cylons were originally designed and built by a dying reptilian race called the Cylons. As much as this race hated humans, they found the human design the most efficient to serve them. Recently, a link appeared on this site about the Cylons of Battlestar Galactica ( http://www.moviematics.com/2010/08/27/the-cylons-on-battlestar-gala... ). This post claims the humans designed and built the Cylons. Obviously, this is a contradiction. I can see merits in both storylines.
1 Where the Cylons and the humans had a less than cordial meeting which caused the Cylons to hate the humans so much that they would build a robotic race, complete with series from workers to managers to warriors to serve the dying race and annihilate the humans. In the time that the wars went on, the reptilians died off and the Cylon war machines continued self replicate. (Klingons meet humans theme)
2 Where the human built the Cylons for performing menial and dangerous tasks and the Cylons becoming self aware and rebelling. (Planet of the Apes theme).

As I go over these scenarios, I am more tempted to go with the latter theme since Planet of the Apes was very popular at the time.

Views: 364

Replies to This Discussion

I, too, can see the emrits of both theories.  However, I prefer to see them in much the same way that Star Trek fans view the Star Trek genre of TOS/TNG versus the creations of JJ Abrams and Berman/bragga (ie: as separate timelines/universes).

Trek

The original, reptilian Cylons, were mentioned in the original BSG three-hour pilot. I don't remember if it was part one, two, or three. I do remember the scene though. Boxey posed the question to Apollo inquiring about who or what the Cylons were. Apollo gave Boxey the explanation and the backstory of the Cylons. Hence, he also gave the audience watching the show an explanation as well. I hope that helps.

RSS

About

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by DragonLady4732.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service