I just competed in my first ever model show which was put on by a local club.  I entered my Battlestar Galactica Reboot model which is my baby, Battlestar Pegasus, Mk1 viper (Apollo) and Mk2 viper (Starbuck) inflight, heavy weathered, and my Assault Raptor.  I swept the class (beginners sci-fi...fist competition, 1 year experience) Pegasus, Raptor, Apollo 1,2,3!!!

I wasn't there for the judging ( had to work) so my wife stayed and had to answer a lot of questions for me lol.  Folks and judges were amazed that I was just getting into building and when asked who taught me, I said ( at setup) or she would tell them during the competition that I learned from Youtube,  they were totally shocked. 

Come to find out, there were several other sci fi builders who were competeing in the "professional" class that were a little worried when they saw my builds and relieved this year anyway that I was in the "beginners".  Next time, I will be competing in the "big show" as the host club president put it. 

I was just happy to be representing the franchise in a small way. 

So Say We All

You need to be a member of The Battlestar Galactica Fanclub- The First, Original BSG Club to add comments!

Join The Battlestar Galactica Fanclub- The First, Original BSG Club

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am not surprised that the Pro's were worried when seeing your work. You do amazing work, I love seeing your models. The final product shows the love and dedication you put into it and NO amount of experience can beat that. 

• Well done Bullet.
    Aeneas

• Thanks CDR!  I was really nervous, but now I am looking forward to another show and already have some killer builds in process.  If they were impressed with what I showed this time, wait until they get a load of what I'm cooking up now hahahaha!  I will post up my winners and pics of my current project soon.

• Awesome stuff,bullet! I have been entering model contests since 1990,and I've won some awards;I have yet to win A first in category,But, i'll keep trying until I do!  Model Show/contests are A lot of fun,especially when you can find A bargain with one of the vendors,possibly A kit you've been hunting for high and low.

My local club,the IPMS/Lafayette scale modelers are having A show/contest this november;And,I'm planning on bringing my Battlestar Thermopylae.

This reply was deleted.