RobCon 2017

Got to attend my first convention over the weekend, RobCon at Viking Hall in Bristol, Tennessee. Also fortunate to meet fellow club member and Seeker, Ens Brian "Jumpstart" Stephenson. He did the finishing work on the Raven badges we wore at the show. (Thanks to Command for the approval, Kreios for the template, Eric Hicks for the photoshop work, and Jumpstart for the printing and laminating). Thankfully, I have long since quelled my addiction to comic books or I would have bankrupted myself at the show. I can't tell you how many books I saw that I would have snatched up back in my day of collecting. There was a big selection of comic vendors as well as toys and other memorabilia. I even saw the old Six Million Dollar Man action figure! A good number of artists had their work on display as well, with everything from Johnny Cash to Link from Legend of Zelda. The highlight of the day for me was getting to meet Timothy Zahn, author of the Heir to the Empire trilogy. I got him to autograph my comic adaptation and he showed me an easter egg in it...several Star Trek characters had been placed in the corner of one panel and had gotten by the editor...very cool! 

Overall, I would highly recommend RobCon to anyone in East Tennessee or Southwest Virginia. For my first convention experience, I can definitely say I had a great time! 

You can find the pics from RobCon on my profile page.

You need to be a member of The Battlestar Galactica Fanclub- The First, Original BSG Club to add comments!

Join The Battlestar Galactica Fanclub- The First, Original BSG Club

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Huzzah Cpt Mik Mo! Congrats on a successful event! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I know you were looking forward to meet Timothy Zahn and that is awesome about the Easter egg in the comic. 

This reply was deleted.