"ONE OF THE OLDEST IF NOT ALREADY THE OLDEST FAN CLUB ORGANIZATION FOR BATTLESTAR GALACTICA"

"There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the heavens."

" ON JULY 1, 2024, THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA FAN CLUB CELEBRATES 24 YEARS! " 

NOTE:  **THE WEBSITE WILL GO THROUGH SOME CHANGES FOR THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE CLUB ORGANIZATION - JULY 1, 2025**

Good day all! I meant to get this post up sooner, but I've been buried in doctor's appointments and other personal matters for the better part of two weeks. I'm just going to cobble this post together from best my memory serves, so if corrections are needed, please do so.

A couple of weeks ago, there were some postings about Top Gun recognition, basically differences between being recognized in the fleet and aboard the Raven. A few members messaged with concerns about this situation and I hope I did my best to address your concerns. The rule is that in the fleet, if you do not score 100% on your first Viper certification, you can retake in 3 months and, upon scoring 100% on the retake, be recognized as Top Gun. However, aboard the Raven, you can only qualify for Top Gun if you pass 100% the first time, no retaking. This rule isn't in place to disparage anyone or create an "I'm better than you" mentality. Raven Actual wants the Raven Air Wing to be the best and I concur with her. There was only one Top Gun on the TV series at any given time, so seeing that so many in the club are able to hold the title, whether it be Fleet or Raven, is a special privilege. 

Now another matter that sprang up from the Top Gun discussions was concerning who is eligible to wear Junior/Senior pilots wings, most likely for uniforms for conventions and such. Command Authority advises that Senior wings may be worn by rank of Major or above. Also, pilots who score Top Gun may wear Senior Wings. Now, for those of you who want to know which wings to wear to be TV series accurate, I have done a little research. Now this is strictly for those who want to be show accurate. First, Senior wings seem to be worn by Command level former pilots, i.e. Adm. Adama, Col. Tigh, and Lee Adama when he was Commander of Pegasus. After he went back to the CAG position aboard Galactica, he went back to Junior wings. The oddity here is you see Felix Gaeta wearing junior wings. He is never mentioned as being a former pilot, and after looking up biographies of the character on the net, nowhere is it stated that he has been a pilot. Now as far as Top Gun, this status does not warrant Senior Wings on the show. We see Kat awarded Top Gun in the episode "Scar", yet in the episodes following, she still wears Junior wings. 

If anyone has any addendums, please feel free to comment or add any information I may have missed. Have a great day everyone!

Cpt Michael "Mik Mo" Morelock

Commander Air Group

Raven Air Wing - BFC-OO2

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Colonials,

I have read the above statement and i know it posted else as well such as the Raven page and i think on another section in the forums.  I do not interfere on how a Chapter Commander run their ship unless something is absurd or just totally whacky.  I concur if you score a 100% first time around you are awarded the TOP GUN certificate.  However, those members who took the exam and just did not make it on the first time out and have to re-submit at a later time.  Will have the exam re-graded and if you pass you are given the TOP GUN award b/c you did the work and earned it.  Although the coveted TOP GUN Award is earned by many a "Distinction" is also recognized to those who earned it the first time around. 

In the eyes of the Commanding Officer any pilot who earns that recognition by passing it the first is considered a TOP GUN on the Raven.  Any one else who earns their TOP GUN status after re-submitting an exam.  Yes you as the pilot will earn your award b/c earned and accept it by submitting again if not no one would ever re-submit.  You will still have your TOP GUN status in the BFC Fleet no one can take that away you earned it.  With that being said just b/c a pilot is not going to be recognized as a TOP GUN assigned on the Raven does not mean you have to stop being a Viper pilot.  However if you the member wish to get re-assigned to another squadron then submit a request to your CAG for approval.  Once the request is approved i will need an email from the CAG to the pilot stating that fact.  I will need said pilot to email me the request as well in order to adjust your tail number again.

Ultimately my concern here for anyone who joins the BFC is to keep it fun and also add a touch of realism when we are in character.  It also my concern that no member should be told or convinced for their benefit that they must stop being a pilot in a particular small craft to transfer into another small craft they have no desire in being assigned too.  My policy Fleet wide stands and it simple.  You joined the BFC for fun!  If you want to fly a Viper then do so,  If you want to be in a Raptor then by all mean its all about you.  If you want to pilot a shuttle craft easy my point is fly what you desire do not let status change your ship assignment or squadron.  Again unless you make that decision on your own only without no outside influence.  I have spoken to Raven Actual via subspace communique and i understand her line of reasoning.

It may seem unfair to a person, but you are a TOP GUN in the grand scheme of things in the BFC Fleet wide overall.  Just because a member does not make 100% right out of the gate should not sway your decision making process this goes for everyone in the BFC Fleet and those considering to join.  Be the pilot flying what you want everyone here is a Fan and more importantly here for the FUN.  Thank you for reading Colonials.

**If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

DragonLady002 created this Ning Network.

SO SAY WE ALL

WELCOME COLONIALS

Welcome to the Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

mWelkom by die Battle Galactica Fan Club

Mirë se vini në Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

مرحبا بكم في نادي غلكتيك مروحة غالاكتيكا

Բարի գալուստ Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bu Battlestar Galactica Fan Club xoş gəlmisiniz

Ongi etorri Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Сардэчна запрашаем у Battlestar Galactica Фан-клуб

স্বাগতম Battlestar Galactica ফ্যান ক্লাব

Добре дошли във фен клуб на Battlestar Galactica

Benvingut al Club de Fans de Battlestar Galactica

Dobrodošli na Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Vítejte na Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Velkommen til Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Welkom op de Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Tere tulemast Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Maligayang pagdating sa Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Tervetuloa Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bienvenue au Club Battlestar Galactica Fan

Benvido ao Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

მოგესალმებით Battlestar Galactica კლუბი

Willkommen auf der Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Καλώς ήλθατε στο Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Battlestar Galactica ફેન કલબ પર આપનું સ્વાગત છે

Byenveni nan Battlestar galaktika Fan Club la

Battlestar Galactica फैन क्लब में आपका स्वागत है है

Üdvözöljük a Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Velkomin á Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Selamat datang di Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Fáilte chuig an Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Benvenuti nel Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

バトルスターギャラクティカファンクラブへようこそ

ಬ್ಯಾಟಲ್ಸ್ಟಾರ್ ಗಲಾಕ್ಟಿಕಾ ಫ್ಯಾನ್ ಕ್ಲಬ್ ಸ್ವಾಗತ

Laipni lūdzam Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Sveiki atvykę į Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Добредојдовте на Battlestar Galactica фан клуб

Selamat datang ke Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Merħba lill-Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Velkommen til Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

به باشگاه فن زیرنویس Battlestar خوش آمدید

Witamy w Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bem-vindo ao Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bine aţi venit la Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Добро пожаловать в Battlestar Galactica Фан-клуб

Добродошли у Баттлестар Галацтица фан клуб

Vitajte na Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Dobrodošli v Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bienvenido al Club de Fans de Battlestar Galactica

Karibu Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Välkommen till Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

பேட்டில்ஸ்டார் கேலக்டிகா ரசிகர் கிளப் வரவேற்கிறோம்

బ్యాటిల్స్టార్ గలాస్టికా ఫ్యాన్ క్లబ్ కు స్వాగతం

ยินดีต้อนรับสู่ Battlestar Galactica แฟนคลับ

Ласкаво просимо до Battlestar Galactica Фан-клуб

Battlestar Galactica فین کلب کو خوش آمدید

Chào mừng bạn đến với Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Croeso i Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

באַגריסונג צו די באַטטלעסטאַר גאַלאַקטיקאַ פאַן קלוב

太空堡垒的粉丝俱乐部

太空堡壘的粉絲俱樂部

배틀 스타 갤럭 티카 팬 클럽에
오신 것을 환영합니다

Battlestar Galactica Fan Club ברוכים הבאים

FEATURED

FLEET IS FAMILY INITIATIVE

Fund-raising initiative created in September 2020 to aid the respite and recovery of Actor Michael Hogan, with a forward-thinking view of helping the future health needs of both BSG Alumni and its Community alike.

TO DONATE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:

MICHAEL HOGAN FUNDRAISING

-----------------------------------------------

The RCM (Raven Colonial Marines)

Check us out on our new Facebook page by clicking on the poster. Better yet, JOIN the Few, The Proud, The Raven Colonial Marines, helping safeguard the fleet!

Raven Challenge Coins-

1.  BFC Raven Command Challenge Coin- Not available to the public. ONLY through equal exchange between other Battlestar Chapters Command Staff Members to promote comraderie and friendship between other Battlestar Chapters

2. Raven General Membership Coin- ONLY 35 was made available for to be obtain by the general public.

The Classic Colonial Viper built by: Team BSG Viper Group

Founding Members:

Karl Kuhlenschmidt

George Mellis

"DragonLady"

"Ice Worm"

BSG Original Series NOW available for streaming at NBC.com.  Just click on the picture below:

© 2024   Created by DragonLady002.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service