"ONE OF THE OLDEST IF NOT ALREADY THE OLDEST FAN CLUB ORGANIZATION FOR BATTLESTAR GALACTICA"

"There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the heavens."

" ON JULY 1, 2024, THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA FAN CLUB CELEBRATES 24 YEARS! " 

NOTE:  **THE WEBSITE WILL GO THROUGH SOME CHANGES FOR THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE CLUB ORGANIZATION - JULY 1, 2025**

I Just Acquired the Moebius BSG Pegasus Kit, And,It Does Not Disappoint! The Exterior detail is very Nice; And,Has Potential For Lighting The Engines,If One Should Choose. It Is Indeed A Beast!

The Only thing I Found wrong with The Instructions Were The Vague Painting details, Overall metallic grey,With The Red Trim In certain Areas; In Step One, It Suggests You Paint The Interior Of the Flight Decks (And Apply the Decals) Before Assembly, But Did NOT Suggest What Color! Maybe Moebius Can Clarify That If we Ask Nicely!

And,There Are Photo-Etch detail Sets Available(Along With a Decal Sheet With Other Ship Names), And They Are NOT Cheap! at least $25 A Set! I'm Hoping That Somebody Can Do A Custom Photo-Etch set For the Raven.

Views: 1253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent glad to hear you received your Pegasus model well in hand.  The details are rich and very precise from what i have seen on up close photos from a close buddy of mine.  Yep paint schemes can be an issue unless one decides to go a whole different route depending on the builder of course.  As for the photo etch yes a little pricey, but obviously worth it depending if you are willing to pay.  Enjoy your building.

Capt. Leonidas,

If you ask Paul Bodensiek of www.paragrafix.biz  I’m sure he could do it and make the set available. All you would really need are the etched mane plates with the ships number. Everything else that’s needed is already supplied in the two PE sets that he already offers. I could give him a phone call if you like and run the idea by him and see what he thinks.

For the inside of the landing pods, I think I would go with a lighter shade of gray than the exterior color something like a USN aircraft carrier would use.

Lt Jg Reamer

Capt. Leonidas,

Two questions, how does the nose piece of the Pegasus compare to the after market resin up-grade set? Does the Moebius kit have the antennas on the front and how much detail does it have?

Lt Jg Reamer

I Really Haven't Examined The Bow That Closely Yet; From What I've Heard, The Kit Design Was The same As The CGI by Universal. However, Since we Are Talking About a FICTIONAL Spacecraft, I Don't Think accuracy Will Be a Concern. All I Know the detail Is Very Nice; It even Has Separate Railguns  For The Sides.

CAG

That's sounds great CAG, if you're happy with it I'm sure I will be as well. I should be ordering mine next week. There are two PE sets available from ParaGrafix and I'm not sure if I will get the both of them or just one. What ever I decide on, I'll post a couple photos after my items arrive.

Lt Jg Reamer

Just a heads up.  After further inspections the antennas are there at least my buddy kit came with it.  However he does have the aftermarket kits, but according to him his build will be his own unique set up.  Meaning set up and paint scheme may change ever slightly, but then again he is an airbrush artist.

Also as for paint their is grey of all shades i served on several ship during my naval career.  There is Haze Gray normally the color you see on the outer skin of the ship.  There interior especially anything containing moving gears or engines is known as machine grey.  You can also always check which versions of gray since some paints tend to dry to a different shade on plastic of course it depends on the paint type and manufacturer.

However as you stated and everyone who builds model for fun it doesn't have to be screen accurate unless you truly want it that way.  I know a few folks who build studio size and they make it as a accurate as possible.  The sizes are alot bigger and you always have the room to make addition that you normally wouldn't see on a regular model sold to the public.  You have to love the screen size though they just suck you to see every little aspect.

I like forward to putting mine together just waiting on a few other pieces and a new tool kit for me.  Take care and enjoy your build.

Thanks Admiral Rivera for your input on this matter. I'm sure that we'll all have some awesome Pegasus and Raven models to show off here at the BFC. Leonidas and my self are building the Raven, which Battlestar do you plan on modeling your kit? The PE set from ParaGrafix comes with many name plates to choose from. I am going to cut them in pieces to spell Raven, or at least that’s what I will try to do.

Lt Jg Reamer

The Only possible Problems I see in cutting The Photo-etch Is Hopefully not Bending them too Much, Or Not Cutting them straight Enough to where they Will Fit Neatly. Fortunately,I actually Have A Bending tool That I purchased From Micro-Mark.

Leonidas

Moebius Finally Got Back To Me About the Interior Of the Flight Decks; They said It Was up To me(DUH?); They Mentioned their test Model was painted Lt. Grey Inside the Flight Decks; Logical.

Hello,

I will be building the Battlestar Aries which is the chapter i am the Commanding Officer.  She has been serving the Colonies since back in 2006 when she was commissioned.  Still going strong and has a very long history which her crew is very proud of.  I look forward to building her when slowly b/c there are many ideas i want to incorporate into the overall build.  Be safe and take care.

Lt Jg Roger "Reamer" Barstow said:

Thanks Admiral Rivera for your input on this matter. I'm sure that we'll all have some awesome Pegasus and Raven models to show off here at the BFC. Leonidas and my self are building the Raven, which Battlestar do you plan on modeling your kit? The PE set from ParaGrafix comes with many name plates to choose from. I am going to cut them in pieces to spell Raven, or at least that’s what I will try to do.

Lt Jg Reamer

Greetings,

The bending tool is a plus and you can also consider also using a small heat gun and gradually heat the pieces until you get the proper bend your looking for.  However you have to be careful since the lettering is thin and allowing for cooling this will allow it to hold its shape.  I recommend the bending tool but if it doesn't allow you to get the shape you want go a different route.  I remember as a child when i first started building models i even used my mother hair dryer to help bend shapes. It wasn't the greatest tool however it did the job..LOL.  Be safe and take care.

Capt. Keith "Leonidas" Ranson said:

The Only possible Problems I see in cutting The Photo-etch Is Hopefully not Bending them too Much, Or Not Cutting them straight Enough to where they Will Fit Neatly. Fortunately,I actually Have A Bending tool That I purchased From Micro-Mark.

Leonidas

LOL.... Go figure like it said it goes back to the modeler or builder on how they want to proceed color wise.  The light gray the mention would be more then likely the haze grey underway color.  At least they got back to you.

Capt. Keith "Leonidas" Ranson said:

Moebius Finally Got Back To Me About the Interior Of the Flight Decks; They said It Was up To me(DUH?); They Mentioned their test Model was painted Lt. Grey Inside the Flight Decks; Logical.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

DragonLady002 created this Ning Network.

SO SAY WE ALL

WELCOME COLONIALS

Welcome to the Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

mWelkom by die Battle Galactica Fan Club

Mirë se vini në Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

مرحبا بكم في نادي غلكتيك مروحة غالاكتيكا

Բարի գալուստ Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bu Battlestar Galactica Fan Club xoş gəlmisiniz

Ongi etorri Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Сардэчна запрашаем у Battlestar Galactica Фан-клуб

স্বাগতম Battlestar Galactica ফ্যান ক্লাব

Добре дошли във фен клуб на Battlestar Galactica

Benvingut al Club de Fans de Battlestar Galactica

Dobrodošli na Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Vítejte na Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Velkommen til Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Welkom op de Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Tere tulemast Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Maligayang pagdating sa Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Tervetuloa Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bienvenue au Club Battlestar Galactica Fan

Benvido ao Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

მოგესალმებით Battlestar Galactica კლუბი

Willkommen auf der Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Καλώς ήλθατε στο Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Battlestar Galactica ફેન કલબ પર આપનું સ્વાગત છે

Byenveni nan Battlestar galaktika Fan Club la

Battlestar Galactica फैन क्लब में आपका स्वागत है है

Üdvözöljük a Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Velkomin á Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Selamat datang di Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Fáilte chuig an Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Benvenuti nel Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

バトルスターギャラクティカファンクラブへようこそ

ಬ್ಯಾಟಲ್ಸ್ಟಾರ್ ಗಲಾಕ್ಟಿಕಾ ಫ್ಯಾನ್ ಕ್ಲಬ್ ಸ್ವಾಗತ

Laipni lūdzam Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Sveiki atvykę į Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Добредојдовте на Battlestar Galactica фан клуб

Selamat datang ke Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Merħba lill-Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Velkommen til Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

به باشگاه فن زیرنویس Battlestar خوش آمدید

Witamy w Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bem-vindo ao Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bine aţi venit la Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Добро пожаловать в Battlestar Galactica Фан-клуб

Добродошли у Баттлестар Галацтица фан клуб

Vitajte na Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Dobrodošli v Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bienvenido al Club de Fans de Battlestar Galactica

Karibu Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Välkommen till Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

பேட்டில்ஸ்டார் கேலக்டிகா ரசிகர் கிளப் வரவேற்கிறோம்

బ్యాటిల్స్టార్ గలాస్టికా ఫ్యాన్ క్లబ్ కు స్వాగతం

ยินดีต้อนรับสู่ Battlestar Galactica แฟนคลับ

Ласкаво просимо до Battlestar Galactica Фан-клуб

Battlestar Galactica فین کلب کو خوش آمدید

Chào mừng bạn đến với Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Croeso i Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

באַגריסונג צו די באַטטלעסטאַר גאַלאַקטיקאַ פאַן קלוב

太空堡垒的粉丝俱乐部

太空堡壘的粉絲俱樂部

배틀 스타 갤럭 티카 팬 클럽에
오신 것을 환영합니다

Battlestar Galactica Fan Club ברוכים הבאים

FEATURED

FLEET IS FAMILY INITIATIVE

Fund-raising initiative created in September 2020 to aid the respite and recovery of Actor Michael Hogan, with a forward-thinking view of helping the future health needs of both BSG Alumni and its Community alike.

TO DONATE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:

MICHAEL HOGAN FUNDRAISING

-----------------------------------------------

The RCM (Raven Colonial Marines)

Check us out on our new Facebook page by clicking on the poster. Better yet, JOIN the Few, The Proud, The Raven Colonial Marines, helping safeguard the fleet!

Raven Challenge Coins-

1.  BFC Raven Command Challenge Coin- Not available to the public. ONLY through equal exchange between other Battlestar Chapters Command Staff Members to promote comraderie and friendship between other Battlestar Chapters

2. Raven General Membership Coin- ONLY 35 was made available for to be obtain by the general public.

The Classic Colonial Viper built by: Team BSG Viper Group

Founding Members:

Karl Kuhlenschmidt

George Mellis

"DragonLady"

"Ice Worm"

BSG Original Series NOW available for streaming at NBC.com.  Just click on the picture below:

© 2024   Created by DragonLady002.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service