"ONE OF THE OLDEST IF NOT ALREADY THE OLDEST FAN CLUB ORGANIZATION FOR BATTLESTAR GALACTICA"

"There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the heavens."

" ON JULY 1, 2024, THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA FAN CLUB CELEBRATES 24 YEARS! " 

NOTE:  **THE WEBSITE WILL GO THROUGH SOME CHANGES FOR THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE CLUB ORGANIZATION - JULY 1, 2025**

Pilots, Call Sign, Tail Numbers and Small ship Assignment:

Colonials the following SOP will cover what many have been either waiting on or have been curious about when it come to what small craft they will fly.  As well as a pilot call sign, tail number and small ship assignment.  I will discuss each one in-depth in order to provide a clear path when making a decision based on you the MEMBER.  First and foremost we have to understand a member decision must be honored and respected.  No member entering service / membership into the Battlestar Fan Club will be (Told / Ordered) to fly a particular small ship assignment.  This however will not be included into Role Playing Game (RPG) since that is storyline based.  I will be addressing the membership and their exclusive Battlestar Galactica Experience.   

PILOTS:

Pilots are cool to have in the Fleet face it Vipers, Raptor, Shuttles and such don’t fly themselves you need members to individually manning those roles.  However let’s not forget being a Fleet Officer without a flight status is also important b/c you need a good bridge crew to also man our big ships.  Getting back to the Pilots as per my briefing.  Pilots entering the Battlestar Fan Club can choose on their own which Squadron they wish to join.  At times a Squadron may not be assigned to a Battlestar however you can still join them if you wish.  Squadrons already assigned to a Battlestar can be joined as well. This is a decision left to the new member joining the Battlestar Fan Club and not to be influenced by anyone already in said Squadrons.  We need to allow any new member to make their own decision.  Just out simple respect, courtesy and most importantly professionalism. I will hold the leadership responsible to ensure this standard is upheld.

CALLSIGNS:

Callsigns are important in the world of being an individual pilot.  Callsigns are like a pilots finger print or identifier.  Many callsigns are usually given to new nuggets from their fellow pilots.  They are earned in many ways believe it or not as seen in Naval Aviation.  Such examples are nagging little quirks, a constant habit a person does or the best one. A new pilot makes a big mistake which stand out and they earn a nick name which sticks with them.  The nickname or namesake catches on becoming the nugget callsign.  The rule of thumb to follow here Battlestar Fan Club just like the Colonial Defense Forces is no two pilots in the same Squadron can have identical callsigns.  It helps to avoid confusion.  Many pilots will already have a callsign or nickname when they join the Fleet.

TAIL NUMBERS:

Tail numbers are individually assigned to a Pilot upon certification.  Each pilot will have a unique identifier.  Which will follow them through their membership.  This tail number will display if the pilot is flying a Viper, Raptor or other small craft.  No two pilots will have the same identical tail number.  However should this occur a pilot will be issued a new tail number.  When submitting your examination please include what state you are residing at.  Now if you live outside the United States just let me know what country you are in.  This will assist to correctly reflect in your tail number.  From now on your tail number will be reflected on your certificate of completion.  The only exception will be if the member does not inform me via email with their exam submission.  It is not mandatory to have the tail number on the certificate.  If a member decides to switch small craft they must email me in order to update their tail number.  It’s important because you are going from one small craft to another.  Again just out of professional courtesy let me know so I can update the information.  All CAGs will also update their roster with change.

SMALL SHIP ASSIGNMENT:

When a member joins the Battlestar Fan Club he or she will join a Battlestar Chapter of their choosing.  In this instance if a member joins a Battlestar Chapter and they wish to be a pilot they can select which Squadron they wish to join.  They can only join one Squadron, but they can at a later time choose to transfer to another squadron on the same Battlestar. Unless they request transfer to different Battlestar.  Their request will be honored by their Chapter CO.  Transfer between internal Squadrons will be approved or denied by the CAG on-board.  Pilots joining a Squadron will be assigned to fly a Viper or Raptor in said Squadron.  Squadrons may have chosen a particular model to fly in their Squadron which is fine and establishes their platform.  However consideration MUST be given to the member.  Remember we are all Battlestar Galactica fans and as such WE may have our favorite / particular small ship we love to pilot. For example if a Squadron has chosen to fly the Viper Mark I.  As their platform new joining pilots will be informed so they are aware.  In the event a member decides or already has a Viper model they like or love they can choose to fly that.  Remember its all part of the Battlestar Galactica Experience.  I am not going to impose on a member they HAVE to fly said model in the Squadron if they have a “Personal Preference”.  In this instance the member will choose what model small ship assignment they want.  As long as a member is made aware of the Squadron platform they can choose to keep their favorite or fly the Squadron particular model. 

I fully support all Pilots flying the Viper or Raptor model of their choosing. As Commanding, Executive Officers, CAGs and Squadron Leaders must be supportive. Its part of the experience and makes fellow Pilots comfortable to fly their choice.  The old saying is, “Keep’em Flying” and that is what we need to promote.  Lets face it everyone has their personal favorite and we need to acknowledge their selection.

Any questions can be forwarded to me via email at CAG_VF84@yahoo.com, eng33ladder49@yahoo.com  please allow 24 to 48 hours for a response.   Thank you for your attention and cooperation in this matter.

Views: 122

Reply to This

About

DragonLady002 created this Ning Network.

SO SAY WE ALL

WELCOME COLONIALS

Welcome to the Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

mWelkom by die Battle Galactica Fan Club

Mirë se vini në Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

مرحبا بكم في نادي غلكتيك مروحة غالاكتيكا

Բարի գալուստ Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bu Battlestar Galactica Fan Club xoş gəlmisiniz

Ongi etorri Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Сардэчна запрашаем у Battlestar Galactica Фан-клуб

স্বাগতম Battlestar Galactica ফ্যান ক্লাব

Добре дошли във фен клуб на Battlestar Galactica

Benvingut al Club de Fans de Battlestar Galactica

Dobrodošli na Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Vítejte na Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Velkommen til Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Welkom op de Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Tere tulemast Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Maligayang pagdating sa Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Tervetuloa Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bienvenue au Club Battlestar Galactica Fan

Benvido ao Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

მოგესალმებით Battlestar Galactica კლუბი

Willkommen auf der Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Καλώς ήλθατε στο Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Battlestar Galactica ફેન કલબ પર આપનું સ્વાગત છે

Byenveni nan Battlestar galaktika Fan Club la

Battlestar Galactica फैन क्लब में आपका स्वागत है है

Üdvözöljük a Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Velkomin á Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Selamat datang di Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Fáilte chuig an Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Benvenuti nel Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

バトルスターギャラクティカファンクラブへようこそ

ಬ್ಯಾಟಲ್ಸ್ಟಾರ್ ಗಲಾಕ್ಟಿಕಾ ಫ್ಯಾನ್ ಕ್ಲಬ್ ಸ್ವಾಗತ

Laipni lūdzam Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Sveiki atvykę į Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Добредојдовте на Battlestar Galactica фан клуб

Selamat datang ke Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Merħba lill-Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Velkommen til Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

به باشگاه فن زیرنویس Battlestar خوش آمدید

Witamy w Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bem-vindo ao Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bine aţi venit la Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Добро пожаловать в Battlestar Galactica Фан-клуб

Добродошли у Баттлестар Галацтица фан клуб

Vitajte na Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Dobrodošli v Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Bienvenido al Club de Fans de Battlestar Galactica

Karibu Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Välkommen till Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

பேட்டில்ஸ்டார் கேலக்டிகா ரசிகர் கிளப் வரவேற்கிறோம்

బ్యాటిల్స్టార్ గలాస్టికా ఫ్యాన్ క్లబ్ కు స్వాగతం

ยินดีต้อนรับสู่ Battlestar Galactica แฟนคลับ

Ласкаво просимо до Battlestar Galactica Фан-клуб

Battlestar Galactica فین کلب کو خوش آمدید

Chào mừng bạn đến với Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

Croeso i Battlestar Galactica Fan Club

באַגריסונג צו די באַטטלעסטאַר גאַלאַקטיקאַ פאַן קלוב

太空堡垒的粉丝俱乐部

太空堡壘的粉絲俱樂部

배틀 스타 갤럭 티카 팬 클럽에
오신 것을 환영합니다

Battlestar Galactica Fan Club ברוכים הבאים

FEATURED

FLEET IS FAMILY INITIATIVE

Fund-raising initiative created in September 2020 to aid the respite and recovery of Actor Michael Hogan, with a forward-thinking view of helping the future health needs of both BSG Alumni and its Community alike.

TO DONATE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:

MICHAEL HOGAN FUNDRAISING

-----------------------------------------------

The RCM (Raven Colonial Marines)

Check us out on our new Facebook page by clicking on the poster. Better yet, JOIN the Few, The Proud, The Raven Colonial Marines, helping safeguard the fleet!

Raven Challenge Coins-

1.  BFC Raven Command Challenge Coin- Not available to the public. ONLY through equal exchange between other Battlestar Chapters Command Staff Members to promote comraderie and friendship between other Battlestar Chapters

2. Raven General Membership Coin- ONLY 35 was made available for to be obtain by the general public.

The Classic Colonial Viper built by: Team BSG Viper Group

Founding Members:

Karl Kuhlenschmidt

George Mellis

"DragonLady"

"Ice Worm"

BSG Original Series NOW available for streaming at NBC.com.  Just click on the picture below:

© 2024   Created by DragonLady002.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service